
Today was a raining day. But we decided to let the girls ride their bikes around the neighborhood anyways. And Brian rode his new bike that he put together for me. I rode it around the block once too, but i feel like it is too big for me. Dalia loves to ride her "red bike" and likes to go fast down the hill (the road around the block has a slight decline). Brian as riding his bike with no hands so Dalia tried to ride her bike with no hands. She ended up just riding it with one hand, pretty tricky. Tesila is very good at riding her push bike! Her little legs go so fast! Also, Brian got me flowers today!! A Dozen pink roses!! I love them! and so does Dalia. Dalia thinks they are for her and Brian keeps reminding her that they are mommy's. Dalia took a picture of Brian and me this morning after breakfast, hot, huh!?
I spent this afternoon decorating my first ever fondant cake. I went to a fondant making class at church in January, taught by my friend Michelle R. She is very good at making cakes and decorating them with fondant. So i'm experimenting on a Valentines cake and since it worked out i might use fondant to decorate Tesila's birthday cake!
I baked the cake and made the fondant yesterday. Step 1: Layered the cake - Step 2: frosted the cake with cream cheese frosting & then corn syrup (to help the fondant stick to the cake, you are supposed to use piping gel, but i didn't have any) - Step 3: Roll out the fondant and drape it over the cake! - Step 4: (not pictured) color some fondant pink, roll out fondant and cut out hearts with cookie cutters, then stick onto cake with corn syrup (i didn't have piping gel) - Step 5: make the little circle balls for the bottom of the cake (not pictured) - Finsihed!!
Here is my lovely fondant cake (thanks for teaching me Michelle) and my beautiful Roses!!! (thank you Brian, I like you!)
I baked the cake and made the fondant yesterday. Step 1: Layered the cake - Step 2: frosted the cake with cream cheese frosting & then corn syrup (to help the fondant stick to the cake, you are supposed to use piping gel, but i didn't have any) - Step 3: Roll out the fondant and drape it over the cake! - Step 4: (not pictured) color some fondant pink, roll out fondant and cut out hearts with cookie cutters, then stick onto cake with corn syrup (i didn't have piping gel) - Step 5: make the little circle balls for the bottom of the cake (not pictured) - Finsihed!!
Here is my lovely fondant cake (thanks for teaching me Michelle) and my beautiful Roses!!! (thank you Brian, I like you!)


2 comments:
i love you cake and you pose with your hubby. you look super cute
Your Valentine cake...so pretty! Tasty too? How could you bring yourself to cut it?
I love you. Some of my favorite valentine's live in your house. xoxo
Post a Comment