Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dalia Puppet - Dec.12-15, 2011

This year I took the girls Shopping again (like last year, a new tradition), to pick out a gift for a little girl that needs a present for Christmas.  I told them to pick out something that they would like to have and then we took it to the Mall where Santa is and dropped it off in his BIG toy box and he will deliver them to kids that need them the most!  Dalia picked out a Little Mermaid polly pocket set, Tes picked a Nail Polish kit, and Rock picked a cool baby ball toy that has lots of things to grab.  However, Rock enjoyed chewing on the cardboard packaging.  The last little while Tes has been talking about what she picked to give last year.  Last year she picked an Ariel barbie wearing a pink dress!!  We have two Ariel barbies, but no pink dress.  So Tes really wanted that.  Lately she says things like, "I gave Ariel in the pink dress to a girl that has no money."  I am amazed that she remembers that from one year ago.  I'm glad that it impacted her.  So we did it again this year!
Rockwell in his cool new clothes!
Bri, does he remind you of Hudson in this outfit!
Dalia Puppet & Dalia!! 
This is Dalia's gift for her Kindergarten teacher for Christmas!  a Dalia Puppet!!  We even glued flower bows in her hair (you can't see them in the picture).  
I was lucky enough to be able to help out in Dalia's class this past Wednesday (i have started helping out once a month!)  I so enjoy being in Dalia's class.  I enjoy watching her learn and interact with the other kids.  I enjoy seeing how Mr. K. teaches class.  And I realize more what Dalia is talking about & explaining at home.  I am so impressed by Mr. K.'s control with all those little people, about 25 of them.  I love how Dalia will come give me a big hug when she passes me in class and of course wants to show me whatever it is she is doing.  Since i help out on Wednesdays i am able to go help out in her P.E. class as well.  It is fun to see her run around with her friends and play too.  
But my favorite part of the day is Recess!  Because Dalia wants to spent it with me!  This last time we walked holding hands around the playgroup until Dalia decided she wanted to do something.  Then we did it.  I pushed her on the swing, watched her friends race, watched her go down the slide with her friend Alejandro, and then we raced back and forth, back and forth.  Then the bell rang and we held hands as we hurried back to class!  I love my little Dalia and I am so thankful to my friend Jenna for watching Tes & Rock so that i have the opportunity to attend Kindergarten with Dalia.
Rudolph Puppet, Dalia, Mr. K, & Dalia Puppet
Everyday Mr. K. brings a puppet and wears a fun hat to walk the kids out to line up for the bus or to be picked up!  Today was a very special day because after he opened up Dalia's gift to him he choose to bring Dalia Puppet out to the bus line!!  Mr. K. even had a tiny hat and scarf that fit Dalia puppet!!  He said it was perfect because he thinks of Dalia as wearing her striped hat (that she is wearing in the picture!)!!  Dalia was so very excited and i am so very grateful for such a wonderful teacher! 
I made these yummy stuffed peppers for dinner and liked them so i took a picture.  I also thought about Jamie O. and how I bet she would like them since she likes peppers!
Here is my cute cooking Tes making banana bread!!
Here is Dalia with her Christmas gift from Mr. K.  He gave finger puppets to his entire class.  Dalia choose this cute Miss Piggy.
Dalia said that Miss Piggy is a part of our family.  This afternoon Dalia threw Miss Piggy a birthday party.  Dalia made the juice all by herself and Tes helped mom make the banana bread.  Then we sang happy birthday!!  Welcome to the family Miss Piggy!!

1 comment:

Carolyn Howell said...

-The gift giveaway is such a great tradition.

-Mr K is my newest hero!

-I actually had to toss out the last stuffed peppers I made.

-YOU will always be one of my heros!!!

xoxo